Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Mini-Portfolio

Hi, my major is Animation.  I like creating characters, stories, games, and game scripting.  Ultimately, I became great interests in making games.  I use game as my art tool, because it is the best I could think of to make the characters and the story interactive for the audience.
In SJSU, I intake the basic drawing, game studies, and philosophy classes.  These classes broadens the idea to me that game is art from drawing and scripting.  It allows everyone and me to create the world from our imaginations and physics to exists.  People from our reality, with just the basic human perception, can visit the dimensional-plane inside our artwork.

Nevertheless, here are the 2 images and 1 video that is required to post:

My game, Alti 0.4 (2011), in Game Maker 8.0. Art104 (2011).
Materials use from my sketch, Adobe Photoshop, and Flash.
My game, Alti, allows you play either two screnarios: A 50-miles tall girl comes down to the planet, scavenging natural resource to fix her space scooter, while unaware of the inhabitant.  Or the Advanced Meteorologist Aircraft (AMA) uses the Weather Protection Neutralization Systen (WPNS) to stabilize the hazardous atmosphere that the 50-miles tall girl causes.  The concept of the game is about altitude of stuff studies based on Earth.

One of my pencil rendering of a forest. Art113B (2010).
This illustration was later used for acrylic color render.
Most of my family and friends liked my pencil and color rendered forest illustions.  I personally like pencil art more than color.  I often have more strength in black and white work around the year of 2010.


A Japanese anime music video (AMV) that I gave the idea for my little brother John to practice with Adobe Premiere.  It may look like a typical AMV, but this is one of our personal studies about screen transitions feel with the music rhythm using non-mainstream anime and Mandarin pop song.

1 comment: